Hiking & Zillertal Nature Park
"Per pedes" through the Zillertal Alps Nature Park
Since 2008 the municipality of Tux has been an official member of the Zillertal Alps High-Alpine Nature Park. High alpine wilderness meets blooming fields and lush meadows. Quaint huts and the majestic summits of the Zillertal create fantastic nature spectacles. Dive in, enjoy and recreate while hiking, mountaineering, climbing or on guided theme hikes lead by well-trained nature park guides.
- 350km of marked hiking trails and sign-posted Nordic Walking routes
- Zillertal Alps Nature Park, 379km² of pure nature
- huts at all altitudes
- glacier experience with panorama terrace
- guided hikes & Nordic Walking tours
- free hiking bus between Finkenberg and Hintertux
- hiking taxi to the most beautiful pastures of the Tuxertal
- lifts: Eggalmbahn, Finkenberger Almbahnen and Hintertuxer Gletscherbahnen
In our house is a well-sorted library with books on the Alps. We also have rucksacks & hiking poles for rental.
Zillertal Alps Nature Park
The borders of the nature park have been adjusted and its size has increased by 7km² to 379km². From Mayrhofen, the door to the nature park, the back of the Zillertal is divided – like fingers - into different side valleys. The nature park stretches from an altitude of 1,000m in Ginzling up to an altitude of 3,509m at Hochfeiler and covers all altitude levels of the Central Alps.
Guests of Schöne Aussicht Family can join all guided nature park hikes free of charge. On the hikes you will get plenty of information and background information on the impressive natural and cultural landscape of the back of the Zillertal.